- Provide necessary services to concern agencies by analyzing and testing physical evidence pertaining to investigation and justice administration.
- Help tribunals find fact by giving scientific opinion and appearing in law court as an expert witness.
- Conduct research activities and develop appropriate technology in different aspects of forensic science.
- Conduct training program for those involved in investigation and judicial practice.
- Establish and run satellite laboratories in other parts of the country to make forensic services easily available.
- Interact and establish relationship with national and international organizations concerned with Forensic Sciences.